Monkey saves electrocuted monkey at India railway station

Straits Times Animal Antics

A monkey was cheered as a hero at a Kanpur Railway Station when it successfully revived another monkey that had been electrocuted.

The injured monkey had got an electric shock from walking on high-tension wires above the railway tracks.

Hundreds of rail travellers in the northern Indian state looked on in disbelief as his resourceful simian friend tried to revive him by first biting his head, then dumping him into water.

Cheers rang out when the electrocuted monkey showed signs of consciousness after about 20 minutes.