Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney cancels Japan tour over illness
Published on May 20, 2014 12:00 PM
TOKYO (AFP) - Former Beatle Paul McCartney has cancelled his Japan tour due to illness, organisers said on Tuesday, days after he apologised to fans for missing a pair of weekend concerts.
The 71-year-old English pop veteran - one of two living members of The Beatles - had already cancelled planned performances at the National Stadium in Tokyo on Saturday and Sunday, after coming down with an unspecified virus.
He "will regrettably have to cancel the remaining Japanese shows. Paul is still not feeling better and this cancellation is unavoidable", organiser Kyodo Tokyo said in a statement.
A company spokesman said the music legend was "staying at a hotel in Tokyo and doctors are with him", but added that it was "unclear" if he would still perform at a South Korean tour scheduled for May 28.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!