Jet Li threatens lawsuit against website for saying he embezzled S$60 million in charity funds
Published on Apr 25, 2014 3:05 PM
Beijing - A lawyer's letter sent on behalf on actor Jet Li said he would sue for slander after a Chinese website said he had embezzled 300 million yuan (S$60.4 million) in charity funds meant for victims of last year's earthquake in Lushan, China.
The letter sent yesterday to website M4.cn disputed its allegation that the Shenzhen-based One Foundation, which was founded by Li, collected nearly 400 million yuan in donations but only disbursed just about 47 million yuan, reported website Netease.
The letter said no basis for M4's allegation could be found in its posting on Tuesday on Sina Weibo.
It asked for April Media, the company which operates M4, to remove the posting, clarify the truth and issue a sincere apology.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here