How do I create the no make-up look with make-up?
Celebrities such as singers Alicia Keys, Beyonce and Adele and model Cindy Crawford have all gone public with their no make-up looks. Whether they have gone bare-faced on the red carpet or posted selfies on social media sans make-up, they have made it look easy.
Going make-up free does have its benefits, including looking more natural, saving time on one's morning routine and using less chemicals on the skin.
But not everyone can crawl out of bed in the morning looking like a supermodel. If you tend to wake up looking more primed for Halloween than Instagram, there is a way to look refreshed with just a little make-up.
Mr Daniel Chavez, 39, global corporate trainer for American label Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics, gives some tips on how to keep the skin looking fresh and natural.
• Moisturise with a facial mist
Spraying on a hydrating facial mist will refresh your skin and not leave it sticky.
• Use a sheer liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser
Creating a natural look is all about keeping the skin looking supple and clean.
Liquid foundations and tinted moisturisers allow for light, controllable coverage and provide moisture to the skin.
• Re-apply facial mist
Finish the look with another spray of facial mist to lock in the moisture and give the skin a radiant glow. The mist can be re-applied throughout the day to keep skin hydrated.
• Additional touches
Apply a translucent lip balm to prevent dry lips. Dab on some sheer cream blush for a natural, rosy hue on the cheeks.
Here are some products to help one get the look:
1. Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint, $87, from Hourglass, available at Sephora at Ion Orchard and Ngee Ann City
The creamy foundation provides medium coverage with a luminous finish. The label says the hydrating formula helps to soften imperfections.
2. Top Secrets BB Creme Skintone Perfector SPF25 PA++, $72, from YSL Beaute counters
This lightweight cream provides medium coverage with a dewy finish.
3. Tinted Moisturizer, $77, from Laura Mercier, available at all Laura Mercier counters and Sephora stores
The sheer, lightweight moisturiser with a hint of colour can be used in place of foundation for a natural look.
4. Water Bank Mineral Skin Mist, $35 for 120ml and $22 for 60ml, from Laneige counters
This refreshing and easy-to-use mist has ingredients which the label says will hydrate and protect the skin.
5. Minerals In The Mist, $42, from Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics, available at all AsterSpring outlets and selected aesthetic and dermatology clinics and beauty salons
This light facial mist can be used over make-up to moisturise the skin and create a natural, dewy finish.