New Nordic restaurant Noma in Copenhagen, Denmark, has moved back up to the top, ousting last year's winner El Celler de Can Roca in Girona, Spain, to regain its position as the world's No. 1 restaurant on the World's 50 Best Restaurants list this year.
It had previously topped the list in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
The Spanish restaurant dropped one spot to No. 2, while Italy's Osteria Francescana held steady at No. 3.
The annual ranking, compiled by British trade publication Restaurant Magazine, was announced at an awards ceremony at the Guildhall in London last night. It was attended by the world's leading chefs and restaurateurs.
Singapore's highest ranked restaurant this year is once again Restaurant Andre in Bukit Pasoh Road, which moved up one spot to No. 37 this year.
Waku Ghin at Marina Bay Sands moved up 18 places to 50th spot.
Other Singapore restaurants on the list, which also ranks restaurants 51 to 100, are Iggy's at the Hilton Singapore hotel (No. 84), and French restaurants Les Amis at Shaw Centre (No. 86), and Jaan at Swissotel The Stamford (No. 100).
Fergus Henderson, chef and co-owner of London restaurant St. John, known for its nose-to-tail dining, also received this year's Lifetime Achievement Award.
Here are the top 50 restaurants.
1) NomaCopenhagen, Denmark
2) El Celler De Can RocaGirona, Spain
3) Osteria FrancescanaModena, Italy
4) Eleven Madison ParkNew York, USA
5) Dinner By Heston BlumenthalLondon, UK
6) MugaritzSan sebastián, Spain
7) D.O.MSáo Paulo, Brazil
8) ArzakSan Sebastián, Spain
9) AlineaChicago, USA
10) The LedburyLondon, UK
11) MirazurMenton, France
12) VendômeBergisch Gladbach, Germany
13) NahmBangkok, Thailand
14) NarisawaTokyo, Japan
15) CentralLima, Peru
16) SteirereckVienna, Austria
17) GagganBangkok, Thailand
18) Astrid y GastónLima, Peru
19) FävikenJärpen, Sweden
20) PujolMexico City, Mexico
21) Le BernardinNew York, USA
22) Vila JoyaAlbufeira, Portugal
23) Restaurant FrantzénStockholm, Sweden
24) AmberHong Kong, China
25) L'arpégeParis, France
26) AzurmendiLarrabetzu, Spain
27) Le ChateaubriandParis, France
28) AquaWolfsburg, Germany
29)De LibrijeZwolle, Netherlands
30) Per SeNew York, USA
31) L’atelier Saint-Germain De Joël RobuchonParis, France
32) AtticaMelbourne, Australia
33) Nihonryori RyuginTokyo, Japan
34) Asador EtxebarriAtxondo, Spain
35) Martín BerasateguiSan Sebastián, Spain
36) ManiSão Paulo, Brazil
37) Restaurant AndreSingapore
38) L’astranceParis, France
39) Piazza DuomoAlba, Italy
40) DanielNew York, USA
41) Quique DacostaDénia, Spain
42) GeraniumCopenhagen, Denmark
43) Schloss SchauensteinFürstenau, Switzerland
44) The French LaundryYountville, USA
45) Hof Van CleveKruishoutem, Belgium
46) Le CalandreRubano, Italy
47) The Fat DuckBray, UK
48) The Test KitchenCape Town, South Africa
49) CoiSan Francisco, USA
50) Waku GhinSingapore
For the full list, go to to http://www.theworlds50best.com/list/1-50-winners
Follow Rebecca Lynne Tan on Twitter @STrebeccatan