NEW DELHI (THE STATESMAN/ANN) It is the weekend once again, and you know what that means, do you not? Yes, you are perfectly entitled to grab good food once you clock off work. It is the perfect time to relax and celebrate over awesome food. So, here we go with the recipe of paneer dumplings.
8 slices of bread, crusts trimmed
¼ tsp baking soda
3 green chillies, finely chopped
½ tsp garlic paste
3 Tbs maida flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
3 Tbs finely chopped coriander leaves
A few cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
A few raisins
Oil for frying
1. Mash paneer and crumble the bread. Mix together to make a tight dough.
2. Add all the other ingredients, except the nuts and raisins, into the dough and mix properly.
3. Make round balls. Press and stuff one or two raisins and few cashew nut pieces in the centre of each ball.
4. Reseal the balls and fashion them into spheres again. Set aside.
5. Heat the oil in a deep pan. Fry the balls till golden brown. Drain and set aside.
6. Serve with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Serves: eight; Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cooking time: 20 minutes
Home-cooked, delicious food amid hectic schedules is divine. Try out this recipe and enjoy.