• 4 large eggs
• 1 tsp light soy sauce
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 tbsp sunflower oil
• 1 large red onion, cut into rings
• 1 cup loosely packed, chopped mint leaves
• 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
• 2 red chillies, chopped
• 1 sprig coriander or mint leaves, for garnish
1. Break the eggs into a bowl.
2. Add the light soy sauce, sea salt and sesame oil and beat the eggs briskly.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
4. When hot, pour the egg mixture into the pan.
5. Distribute the onion, mint, coriander and chilli evenly over the egg mixture in the pan. Lower heat and cook until bottom is slightly browned.
6. Then flip the omelette over and cook the other side until slightly browned. Remove to a serving plate and garnish before serving.
This article was first published on May 7, 2016.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.