SINGAPORE - The fourth edition of Diner En Blanc, the annual all-white pop-up picnic, will be held on Nov 21 after being postponed due to the haze.
The postponement of the invitation-only dinner from the original scheduled date of Oct 10 was announced by new organisers Fullcolors Event just nine days before the event, as the haze persisted.
Registration activities, which were suspended until the new date was confirmed, will resume on Tuesday (Oct 20) and continue over the next two weeks.
Phase 1 registration, meant for Diner En Blanc members who have attended previous editions of the event, starts on Tuesday.
"Upon confirming their registration, members who have registered through Phase 1 will also be offered the option to 'sponsor' or recommend one family member or friend, who will receive their invitations to register in Phase 2," organisers said in a statement on Monday.
Phase 2 registration, for individuals recommended by members, will start a week later on Oct 27.
Phase 3 of registration, for successful candidates who signed up via the official website's waiting list, will begin on Nov 3.
In an interview with Life on Sept 29, new head organiser Alex Philippot revealed that more than 12,000 people are on the waitlist for the picnic, which only has a capacity of 3,000 diners.
Each invited guest pays $50 to attend, with the location of the picnic - usually a public space in the city - announced only hours before the event. However organisers have said enigmatically that it will be "one of the most iconic sites in Singapore".
Guests must be dressed in white and are expected to bring their own tables, chairs, food and drinks.
This year's SG50-themed picnic also sees a fusion pre-order menu for those who do not wish to bring their own gourmet meals, containing dishes such as chicken satay tortilla wrap and laksa pesto prawn linguine.
Last year's edition at Tanjong Beach on Sentosa saw 3,000 diners in attendance.