The one-piece swimsuit has been having more than a moment in the sun. Since last year, it has been the go-to pool party/beach wear item for those in the know.
From high-fashion designers such as Dolce & Gabbana with its retro- tinged balconette-style suits to swimsuit designers such as Lisa Marie Fernandez and her Bond-girl scuba-style designs, wearing a one- piece has never looked sexier.
Even the famous Jenner sisters have gotten into the act. American model Kendall and her sister Kylie, known for their love of skin-baring styles, recently launched a range of swimwear with British high-street brand Topshop that includes one- piece swimsuits with sexy cut-outs.
Here are some one-piece swimsuits to make a splash in.
1. Dark green Tarik swimsuit with key-hole cut-out, $189, from Salinas at edit lifestyle
This halterneck piece is sexy yet elegant with a sophisticated green- on-black print. Wear it with palazzo pants or a midi skirt for cocktails under the stars.
2. Pink printed swimsuit, $140, from Bimba y Lola
Why limit this to the pool side? Wear it with a pair of denim shorts and accessorise with a baseball cap for a casual street-style look.
3. Purple and red Oshiko swimsuit, $430, from Eres
Modest in front, sexy at the sides - show off your figure with cut-outs at the waist.
4. Kendall + Kylie swimsuit with cut-outs, $99.90, from Topshop (Ion Orchard and VivoCity only)
Wear this skin-baring piece with a lot of confidence and sunscreen.
5. Floral swirl swimsuit, $185, from Ted Baker
This multi-coloured floral swimsuit will stand out beautifully against darker skin tones.