Tyga regrets McCartney was turned away from his party

LOS ANGELES • Tyga has offered to personally escort Paul McCartney to an upcoming show after the legendary former Beatle was turned away from the hip-hop star's post- Grammy party.

McCartney, one of two surviving members of the best-selling musical act of all time, was trying to enter Tyga's party in Los Angeles after the Grammy Awards on Monday night when a bouncer insisted he was not on the guest list.

Clearly unaccustomed to such indignities, McCartney sounded dumbfounded. He was accompanied by alternative rock icon Beck, who won last year's Grammy for Album of the Year and Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins.

"How VIP do we gotta get?" he told the doorman in an exchange caught on video released by celebrity news website TMZ.

"We need another hit, guys. Work on it," he said.

Beck replied, "Next year, next year", before the three rockers returned to their limousine to try their luck at another party.

Tyga, the rapper whose biggest hit, Rack City, went to No. 7 on the Billboard chart, later voiced regret, saying he was not in charge of the guest list.

"I had no knowledge; I was inside performing," he told late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel in an interview posted online on Wednesday.

He invited McCartney to his show in Los Angeles on Feb 26.

"Paul, if you're watching this, I would love for you to come," he said. "I'll personally walk you in."

Kimmel voiced doubt McCartney would attend, quipping: "Oh yeah, he's not going to fall for that again."

AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on February 19, 2016, with the headline 'Tyga regrets McCartney was turned away from his party'. Print Edition | Subscribe