LOS ANGELES • Fast 8 star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has taken his beef with some of his male co-stars online.
The 44-year-old former wrestler posted a rant on Monday on his Facebook and Instagram accounts, referring to some actors on the shoot of the eighth instalment of the Fast & Furious action franchise as "candy a**es".
"There's no other franchise that gets my blood boiling more than this one. An incredible hard working crew," he said, before praising his "amazing" female co-stars.
"My male co-stars, however, are a different story. Some conduct themselves as stand-up men and true professionals, while others don't," he went on.
"The ones that don't are too chicken s*** to do anything about it anyway. Candy a**es. When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I'm not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling - you're right."
He did not name names or say what was riling him and actors Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Scott Eastwood and rapper Ludacris have refrained from responding.
But gossip website TMZ.com, citing unnamed "production sources", reported that Diesel was the target of the tirade and that the pair had a secret meeting on set in Atlanta on Tuesday to "hash things out".
"We're told The Rock has butted heads with Vin during the production, in part because V.D. is a producer and has made decisions that didn't sit well with the former wrestling champ," it said.
Meanwhile, an insider was quoted by E! News as saying filming "wasn't easy for anyone" and had been especially difficult for Johnson.
The source said some actors "did small things" that annoyed Johnson, but did not "man up and say what they wanted to say" when he snapped and called them out.
The movie, which also stars Charlize Theron and Helen Mirren, finishes filming in a week.