Bruno to headline Super Bowl half-time show

LOS ANGELES • Grammy-winning singer Bruno Mars has been invited back to headline next year's Super Bowl half-time show after scoring the second-biggest audience in the show's history two years ago, the American media reported on Wednesday.

In addition to performing at the National Football League's Super Bowl 50, Mars has been asked to "curate" the show, said Billboard magazine, citing unnamed sources.

That means the 29-year-old performer, songwriter and producer will get to handpick the "impressive guests" who appear with him on stage, it said.

The NFL championship game will be held in Santa Clara, California, in February.

Representatives for Mars did not immediately respond to requests for comment and NFL representatives declined to comment.

Mars, whose song Uptown Funk! with producer Mark Ronson was one of the hits of this summer, brought rockers Red Hot Chili Peppers in for the half-time show last year, drawing 115.3 million viewers.


A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on September 11, 2015, with the headline 'Bruno to headline Super Bowl half-time show'. Print Edition | Subscribe