The Asian Civilisations Museum has been voted top museum in Singapore by users of the travel website TripAdvisor.
The museum was lauded for its well-written description of artefacts, as well as how its collection highlights the differences in Asian cultures.
Dr Alan Chong, director of the museum, says: "We are delighted to be recognised as one of Singapore's top museums by TripAdvisor travellers, and thank them for their support.
"The Asian Civilisations Museum reflects the diverse heritage of Singapore's people and provides an opportunity for visitors to explore the interconnections between Asian cultures."
The museum, which is located in Empress Place, opened in 1997. It now houses more than 1,300 artefacts in 11 galleries, over 14,000 sq m of space.
Its collection focuses on the material cultures of different groups originating from China, South-east Asia, South Asia and West Asia, and also on the history of Singapore's forefathers.
TripAdvisor's Travellers' Choice awards honour top travel spots worldwide based on millions of reviews by travellers. Winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews over a 12-month period.
According to the list, the top 10 museums in Singapore are:
1. Asian Civilisations Museum (848 reviews)
2. Changi Chapel and Museum (714 reviews)
3. Peranakan Museum (416 reviews)
4. National Museum of Singapore (686 reviews)
5. ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands (342 reviews)
6. Science Centre Singapore
7. Images of Singapore (222 reviews)
8. Singapore Art Museum (203 reviews)
9. Mint Museum of Toys (71 reviews)
10. Singapore Philatelic Museum (74 reviews)