On Facebook

What can be done to make the S-League succeed?

There was rivalry in the past: Geylang United v Woodlands Wellington, SAF FC v Tanjong Pagar United... Bring back teams like Jurong FC and Sembawang Rangers, Gombak United.

Jeffrey Leong

Bring back the "kampung" experience by allowing loud hailers and mobile food operators; make tickets affordable; improve the remuneration of footballers; iconise our players; have live telecasts for all games; work with the Education Ministry; work with the Ministry of Social and Family Development to bring families to games; have a multiracial squad; work with Mindef to allow NSFs to train as part of their contribution.

Eric Liu

Get M-league to mix with S-league (not merger), turning two small leagues into one big league. Then arrange the system so there are promotions and relegations, like the English league system.

James Wang

Get the big corporate companies to adopt teams and bring in quality footballers. Build the brand by developing more interesting and exciting programmes.

Jason Chua

First, we need to show we can play top-notch quality football.

Eric Sim Wee Siang

Should having fire extinguishers at home be compulsory?

It is probably more economically effective to have one placed at the lift lobby of each floor. Cost for procurement or maintenance can be pegged to the town council bill.

Philip Teo

I have a few fire extinguishers in my flat. Doesn't cost a lot... about $40 for a 2kg dry powder one.

Yeow H Tan

The kitchen is the area that is more prone to fire, so automatic sprinklers should be installed in all new houses and when upgrading existing flats.

Bilal Ali Ahamed

An emergency fire blanket is better - no expiry date, lightweight, and no need to inspect and refill. Residents can wrap the fire blanket around them or place it over the fire.

Steve Lim

Do you prefer to take courses online or in a traditional classroom?

What is most important is employers recognising online course work as legitimate academic credentials.

Jeff Leong

Nothing beats face to face clarification. Questions from fellow classmates also may trigger a chain of questions that will enhance understanding.

What students want is quick responses to queries and also to interact with lecturers and classmates, which will spur the learning environment positively.

Yongmeng Choo

I'd rather stick to a hybrid of traditional lessons with recorded lessons and resource portals for course material distribution and referencing.

Samuel Fong

I prefer online for two reasons. One, you can get really good teachers who truly know their stuff. Two, you can "attend" the course during your free hours, especially when you have young children and family commitments.

Theo De Roza

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on July 01, 2017, with the headline 'On Facebook'. Print Edition | Subscribe