1980: The Peck San Theng cemetery was established in 1870 by the Cantonese and Hakka. People set up their homes in a kampong nearby which came to be known as Kampong San Theng. In the late 70s to mid-80s, villagers were resettled to nearby housing flats and the cemetery was exhumed. By 1986, neither the graves nor the kampong remained.
ST FILE PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW