1. Engineering firm SHS Holdings is pushing ahead to diversify its core business and move into solar energy. It has shortlisted the proposed design, construction, operation and maintenance of a solar power plant in Bangladesh.
2. Interior design firm Serrano has been awarded $11.6 million worth of projects.
Two of the projects are in Myanmar while another one is for a boutique hotel in Singapore, the firm said yesterday.
3. Julius Baer said it expects to pay about US$547 million (S$774 million) to settle a US probe into how it helped Americans evade taxes. The bank said it reached an agreement in principle with the US Justice Department.
4. Malaysian palm oil futures rose, reaching their highest level in 18 months. The benchmark palm oil contract for March rose 0.4 per cent to RM2,495 a tonne at the end of the trading session yesterday.
5. Hong Kong-listed China Animal Healthcare yesterday said it was hunting for five years' worth of financial documents that were lost after the truck carrying them was stolen while the driver was ona lunch break.