SINGAPORE - Unsure how to decipher Singapore's Budget for the year? Follow The Straits Times' live coverage on Monday (Feb 20), when Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat will be delivering his speech at 3.30pm in Parliament.
ST business editor Lee Su Shyan said this year's Budget will be "a significant one as it will flesh out some of the upcoming recommendations of the Committee on the Future Economy (CFE)". The CFE, a dedicated committee tasked by the Government to help Singapore's economy grow in a challenging global environment, released its recommendations in a report released on Feb 9.
Here's how you can get the latest on the Budget:
- Go to www.straitstimes.com for real-time updates
- Watch live streaming of the speech on our website
- Opinion editor Chua Mui Hoong and managing editor Fiona Chan will provide instant analyses on the ST Now live blog.
- Sign up for special-edition Budget e-mail newsletter at http://str.sg/newsletter
- Watch videos explaining key Budget initiatives on our website and via social media
- Budget updates on ST's Facebook at www.fb.com/thestraitstimes and Twitter (https://twitter.com/STcom)
- Everything under one roof in our Budget microsite at http://str.sg/budget2017
- askST: Send questions to email@example.com and we will get them answered
Get ready for Budget Day by checking out these Web specials:
- Watch journalist Bridget Tan explain how the Budget works
- Try the Budget-balancing game where players take on the role of the Government
- Find out what you can expect from Budget 2017
- 7 things you should know about Singapore's Budget
- An interactive graphic on how the yearly Budgets chart Singapore's economic transformations.