1. German investor confidence rebounded this month, buttressed by resilient domestic demand and the prospect of more European Central Bank stimulus, the ZEW Centre for European Economic Research in Germany said.
2. China will expand the trading quota and number of shares that investors can trade on the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect, a securities regulator official said yesterday, Reuters reported.
3. Hyflux has entered into an agreement with PT Gunawan Sejahtera to acquire 50 per cent of PT Oasis Waters for $50 million. The firm manufactures, sells, markets and distributes bottled drinking water in Indonesia.
4. Mainboard-listed Triyards Holdings has extended its product range with a US$12.8 million (S$18.2 million) order for escort tugs for a new client, Singapore-based marine craft group Greenbay Marine.
5. Australian heavy engineering firm Civmec is doing due diligence to acquire certain assets and the Forgacs name. Forgacs is Australia's largest privately owned engineering and shipbuilding firm. It does project engineering, construction and maintenance.