1. Singapore-listed printed circuit board manufacturer Eucon Holding has reported a net loss of $500,000 for the third quarter ended Sept 30. Revenue fell 22 per cent from the same period a year earlier to $11.5 million.
2. Hong Kong retail sales fell for a seventh straight month in September as a drop in Chinese tourists and weak consumer sentiment hurt retailers. Retail sales declined by 6.4 per cent year on year.
3. Shares in Volkswagen slid by as much as 5 per cent after United States regulators widened accusations of emissions test cheating against the firm to include larger diesel engines in high-end models.
4. CosmoSteel Holdings said yesterday that it will likely report a loss for the financial year ended Sept 30. The firm previously said that it was unlikely to generate sufficient revenue to avoid a loss.
5. Vegetable processor China Minzhong Food Corp yesterday reported a 73.1 per cent fall in net profit to 15.5 million yuan (S$3.43 million) for the first quarter ended Sept 30, mainly due to a foreign exchange loss.