1. The five most active STI stocks so far in October are: Noble Group, Ascendas Reit, CapitaLand, Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries. They have averaged a price gain of 12.8 per cent so far this month.
2. Trading on SGX's derivatives market was suspended at 10pm on Tuesday after some trading participants had connectivity problems. Trading resumed at 11.15pm and the market opened yesterday as usual at 7.30am.
3. Sim Lian has acquired a freehold neighbourhood shopping centre in Lara in Victoria, Australia, for A$30.2 million (S$30.5 million). Coles Supermarket is an anchor tenant.
4. Keppel Fels has delivered its eighth rig of the year on time. It was completed three days ahead of schedule, on budget and with a perfect safety record.
5. Qingmei Group has engaged accountants to produce the Q3 financial statements ended March 31 and full-year numbers ended June 30 by the middle of next month. It is still seeking a financial controller.