1. Indonesian mobile phone retailer PT Trikomsel Oke said it may not be able to meet bond obligations. If this occurs, it would be the first time in six years that the Singapore dollar bond market would see a default, Bloomberg said.
2. The world's largest alternative asset manager Blackstone Group has posted its first quarterly loss since 2011 amid market volatility. The red ink added up to US$416 million (S$576 million), said Bloomberg.
3. Singapore Technologies Electronics won $370 million of contracts last quarter for information communications, rail electronics, satellite communications and more.
4. IHH Healthcare and a partner will lease space at Perennial International Health and Medical Hub in Chengdu, China, to run a 350-bed hospital.
5. Vard Holdings has given a profit warning for its third quarter and full year results, citing challenges in Brazil.