1. Malaysia's ringgit rose the most among emerging-market currencies, and stocks and bonds gained, after 1MDB struck a US$2.3 billion (S$3.3 billion) deal with China to sell its power assets, reported Bloomberg.
2. German insurer Allianz aims for at least five million more customers and €6.5 billion (S$13.9 billion) in extra revenue over the next three years from reforms and efficiency gains as headwinds buffet the sector, Reuters said.
3. The Straits Times Index (STI) offers Asia's highest dividend yield at 4.2 per cent. The STI's top-yielding stocks are Hutchison Port Holdings Trust, Keppel Corp, Ascendas Reit, CapitaLand Mall Trust and Sembcorp Marine.
4. Rowsley is partnering former Manchester United stars Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs to develop Manchester's Northern Stock Exchange building into a hotel as the SGX-listed firm expands its hospitality business.
5. Israeli incubator Trendlines has successfully placed out all its shares as part of its Catalist listing. Businessman Tommie Goh Thiam Poh has a stake of 4,242,000 shares. The shares start trading tomorrow.