1. Royal Dutch Shell won shareholder approval to buy BG Group, sealing its biggest acquisition amid the worst oil-industry slump since the global financial crisis. More than 80 per cent of Shell investors backed the deal.
2. More bonds issued by QT Vascular have been taken up by a substantial shareholder, Luminor Pacific, and a group of investors. They are investing US$1.86 million (S$2.65 million) and US$4.20 million respectively.
3. Loss-making China Flexible Packaging said its cash flow forecast suggests it will be able to continue as a going concern. It believes it has enough resources to satisfy working capital and other requirements over the next 12 months.
4. Dry bulk shipping company Mercator Lines, which went under judicial management on Jan 18, has inked agreements to sell five vessels for US$32.26 million (S$46 million), a move that will help reduce debt.
5. Secura Group said its initial public offer was approximately 2.2 times subscribed.
Trading is expected to commence at 9am today.