1. Forise International is buying 40 per cent of Le Rong Financial Factoring for 40,000 yuan (S$8,145) as part of plans to grow a new business of providing strategic planning, corporate and financial restructuring advice.
2. More than 18 million shares were repurchased by 20 firms last month for a total sum of $48.6 million. The stocks with the biggest buybacks were OCBC Bank, Japfa, Singapore Exchange, SIA Engineering and Singapore Press Holdings.
3. Prominent businessman Sam Goi has bought an additional 337,000 shares in Tung Lok Restaurants (2000) at 10.806 cents apiece.
4. FTSE Russell said there are no changes to the constituents of the Straits Times Index. The top five on the STI reserve list are Suntec Reit, Mapletree Commercial Trust, Sembcorp Marine, Keppel Reit and Yanlord.
5. HC Surgical Specialists will buy 49 per cent in Medinex from Ms Jessie Low Mui Choo. Medinex is a management and service provider for the medical clinics industry.