1. Oil traded near a 12-year low as investors focused on the volatility in Chinese markets, after China sought to quell losses in equities and stabilise its currency, Bloomberg reported.
2. The yen fell for the first time this week after China ended an eight-day run of cuts to its currency reference rate, sapping demand for safer assets by easing concerns that the world's second-largest economy is slowing.
3. Ezra Holdings said that it will show a net loss for the first quarter ended Nov 30 last year.
This is mainly due to the continuing depressed state of the oil and gas industry.
4. Albedo has raised $3 million through a share placement to fund its expansion in China. It will be managing a kidney hospital and a medical aesthetic clinic in Qingdao. The shares were placed to founder and chief exec Frankie Kiow.
5. SUTL Enterprise is divesting its 51 per cent stake in Achieva Technology for $2.4 million to focus fully on expanding its marina management and consultancy services, and yacht chartering business.