1. There were 38,972,100 shares repurchased by 35 firms for $72.6 million last month. This topped the $64 million in August but was much lower than the $445 million outlaid in September last year.
2. SGX-listed Metech is using a crowdfunding platform to issue non-convertible bonds to raise $2 million. The tenure is 24 months and the coupon rate is 8 per cent.
3. Olam bought back 750,000 of its shares at prices of between $2.03 and $2.05 for a total consideration of $1,530,367.
4. SGX-listed Jumbo Group said that it is opening its fifth Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh outlet at Resorts World Sentosa and has added 150 seats to the second floor of its Jumbo Seafood (Riverside) outlet.
5. Pan-United will sell its tug and barge business for $29.9 million to Sedgefield Corporation after facing an oversupply in vessels and lacklustre demand.