1. Hyflux said the taxman is prepared to regard its perpetual capital securities as debt securities under the Income Tax Act. This means the distributions on the securities will be treated as interest.
2. Federal International (2000) chairman and chief executive Koh Kian Kiong yesterday bought 800,000 shares of the company at 28.5 cents apiece, lifting his stake by half a percentage point to 17 per cent.
3. Lereno Bio-Chem has sold its wholly-owned Malaysia subsidiary LBC Estate Holdings for RM6 (S$2).
This investment was previously fully impaired by Lereno for the financial year ended March 31.
4. Singtel said its wholly-owned subsidiary, Singtel Group Treasury, priced its US$500 million of 10-year notes on Monday. The notes, which will mature in 2026, will carry a coupon of 2.375 per cent per annum.
5. The board of Eu Yan Sang International said the company's shares will be delisted on Oct 7. Trading of the shares will be suspended with effect from today.