1. SPH, the SGX and FTSE Russell have left the Straits Times Index shares unchanged after a quarterly review. The reserve list is SingPost, Suntec Reit, Nepture Orient Lines, CapitaLand Commercial Trust and First Resources.
2. There were 41.9 million shares repurchased by 26 firms for a total of $44.7 million, bringing the tally to $1.9 billion this year. The largest buybacks involved OCBC, Hyflux, Osim, UOB and ST Engineering.
3. The eight retail Reits on the SGX have a market capitalisation of $20.3 billion and averaged a year-to-date return of 1.4 per cent. The three best performers were Fortune Reit, Frasers Centrepoint Trust and Starhill Global Reit.
4. Mainboard-listed Sapphire Corp will team up with Singapore-based CPG Corp to explore potential infrastructure projects in China and other emerging markets in the region.
5. Healthway Medical went from a profit of $10.7 million to a loss of $3 million for the quarter ended Sept 30. Revenue was 7.6 per cent higher at $23.2 million.