1. New Australian investment rules cracking down on illegal foreign ownership of properties came into effect yesterday.
2. The world's largest cement-maker, LafargeHolcim, lifted its proposed dividend but said it was closing plants in China and combining management there to reduce costs and ride out "declines in demand".
3. Fragrance Group boss Koh Wee Meng has bought 300,000 shares in the hotel and property firm, at 18.5 cents each.
4. Brand development group Lifebrandz, which focuses on the entertainment sector, will transfer from the SGX mainboard to Catalist on Friday. Trading will commence at 9am.
5. SGX-listed security firm IPS Securex has been appointed by Bio-Nexus as a sub-contractor to deploy and maintain its Care-Nexus software system at the Visy Group's Chicago site and 15 other sites.