SINGAPORE - No more standing and waiting for DBS and POSB customers.
DBS announced on Wednesday that it will be launching an SMS queue system so that customers can sit in comfort and do not need to wait in line any more. They can also use the time before their turn as they choose.
The system - dubbed SMS 'Q' - will be rolled out to all full-service DBS/POSB branches by the end of next month.
It has been piloted in selected branches since July 2014, DBS said.
Customers can request for a queue number via SMS prior to visiting branches and they will receive notifications on the number of customers ahead of them.
DBS said customers can still go to a branch to get a queue number in the traditonal way.
DBS said its SMS queue service is in line with recent banking innovations which include pop-up ATMs and SMS Banking.
Said Jeremy Soo, DBS head of consumer banking group (Singapore): "As the largest bank in Singapore, our branches are one of the most utilised and we are constantly exploring ways to enhance our customers' branch banking experience. We also understand that time is a precious commodity so the crucial part of the SMS 'Q' service is that it provides queue information in advance, allowing our customers to decide how best to use their time."
How SMS 'Q' works:
1. Text "Q" to the number tagged to the branch you want to visit.
The mobile number is available at branches or via DBS/POSB's mobile banking apps, DBS mBanking or POSB mBanking, under Q-Cam.
2. You will receive an SMS menu where you can select the service you require.
Once you have made your selection, you will receive your queue number as well as the number of customers that are being served ahead of you.
3. If there is a longer wait time, you will also receive a reminder SMS when your turn is nearing.
4. Once your queue number is up, proceed directly to the assigned counter.
5. If you miss your turn, you will receive an SMS with the option to rejoin the queue.