South Sudan ceasefire talks between warring parties delayed
Published on Jan 4, 2014 5:10 PM
ADDIS ABABA (AFP) - Face-to-face talks between warring parties in South Sudan have been delayed, government and rebel delegations said on Saturday, dashing hopes of a swift ceasefire to end raging battles and risks of all-out civil war.
South Sudan Information Minister Michael Makuei, part of the delegation to the talks in Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa, as well as rebel team spokesman Yohanis Musa Pouk, said the two sides would not meet on Saturday until an agenda had been drafted by negotiators and agreed by both sides.
It was not clear when they would be completed.