Second London Tube strike called off with hours to go
LONDON (AFP) - Trade unions called off a planned strike on the London Underground train network on Tuesday just hours before it was due to start.
The 48-hour action was planned to follow a similar strike last week which caused delays and disruption to millions of commuters.
But the TSSA and RMT unions said they were cancelling the strike after receiving proposals to put on hold the closure of all 260 ticket offices on the Underground network, measures which could lead to the loss of 950 jobs.
The RMT's general secretary Bob Crow said the move followed talks at the conciliation service ACAS.