Saturday, Jul 12, 2014Saturday, Jul 12, 2014
News
 

One dead, 27 made ill by carbon monoxide at New York mall

Published on Feb 23, 2014 3:22 PM
PRINT EMAIL
 

NEW YORK (REUTERS) - One man died and dozens more were treated in hospitals or at the scene after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning at a mall restaurant on New York's Long Island on Saturday evening, police said.

Police responding to a call about an injured woman at the Legal Seafood restaurant in Huntington Station, New York, found the 55-year-old manager unconscious in the basement, Suffolk County Police said.

The manager, Steven Nelson, died of cardiac arrest as he was being transferred by ambulance said Julie Robinson-Tingue, a spokeswoman for Huntington Hospital.

Soon after arriving, police and emergency personnel felt nauseous and dizzy and recognized the symptoms as a carbon monoxide event, Suffolk County police said.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here