Thursday, Nov 27, 2014Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
News
 

Last aircraft leaves southern Indian Ocean without any further sightings on Monday

Published on Mar 24, 2014 8:37 PM
 
A ground controller guides a Royal Australian Air Force AP-3C Orion to rest after sunset upon its return from a search operation for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 over the Indian Ocean, at Pearce Airbase in Bullsbrook, 35kms north of Perth on March 24, 2014. The Australian Maritime Safety Authority says the last aircraft has departed the southern Indian Ocean without any further sightings on Monday, March 24, 2014, that might be related to the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. -- PHOTO: AFP

PERTH - The Australian Maritime Safety Authority says the last aircraft has departed the southern Indian Ocean without any further sightings on Monday that might be related to the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

"Last aircraft has departed the search scene without any further sightings,'' AMSA said in a tweet on Monday night.

Australian Prime Minister had told parliament earlier in the day that the crew of P-3 Orion had spotted two objects in the area.

"The crew on board the (P-3) Orion reported seeing two objects, the first a grey or green circular object and the second an orange rectangular object,"Mr Abbott said.

He added that Australia did not know whether any of these objects were from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

"They could be flotsom," he said.

"Nevertheless, we are hopeful that we can recover these objects soon and they will take us a step closer to resolving this tragic mystery."