Jordan says Sars-like virus deaths isolated cases
Published on Dec 3, 2012 6:06 AM
AMMAN (AFP) - Jordan's health minister has said that two deaths in the kingdom from a Sars-like virus earlier this year which were confirmed by the World Health Organisation last week were isolated cases.
"Since April, the health ministry has not recorded any case of the coronavirus in Jordan," Mr Abdullatif Wreikat said in comments carried by the official Petra news agency on Sunday.
The WHO reported that as of Friday two deaths in Jordan were among five confirmed deaths from the new virus in the Middle East this year.
"These cases were discovered through testing of stored samples from a cluster of pneumonia cases that occurred in April 2012," the UN agency said.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here