Iran quits nuclear talks protesting US blacklist move
TEHERAN (AFP) - Iran has quit nuclear talks with world powers, accusing Washington on Friday of going against the spirit of a landmark agreement reached last month by expanding its sanctions blacklist.
A spokesman for European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton, who represents the major powers in the talks, said both sides had headed home for consultations and that she expected the talks to resume soon.
But Iran's chief nuclear negotiator Abbas Araqchi said the US move went against the spirit of the deal struck in Geneva under which the powers undertook to impose no further sanctions for six months.
Teheran was now weighing the "appropriate response", he said.