Iran announces nuclear talks, open to 'authentic' US meet
Published on Feb 3, 2013 11:49 PM
MUNICH, Germany (AFP) - Iran announced on Sunday fresh talks with world powers on its nuclear drive and said it was open to an offer from archfoe the United States for two-way discussions if Washington's intention was "authentic".
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said the six world powers planned to resume talks in Kazakhstan on Feb 25 and he insisted Iran had never pulled back from the negotiations.
"I have good news, I've heard yesterday that 5+1 or EU3+3 will be meeting in Kazakhstan 25th of February," Salehi said during a panel discussion at the Munich Security Conference.
Iran and six world powers - the US, China, Russia, Britain, France and Germany - held three rounds of talks last year aimed at easing the standoff over Iran's nuclear activities, which Teheran insists are peaceful.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!