Saturday, Apr 25, 2015Saturday, Apr 25, 2015
News
 

Hacker Jack died from accidental overdose: Coroner

Published on Jan 4, 2014 5:58 AM
 

SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) - The sudden death of prominent hacker Barnaby Jack was due to an accidental overdose of heroin, cocaine and other drugs, a coroner's report said on Friday.

The New Zealand-born Mr Jack, 36, a software wizard famous for remotely hacking ATMs and medical devices, was found dead in his bed by his girlfriend in July.

An autopsy found "no visible or palpable evidence of trauma" on the body.

There was "blood inside the nostrils" and "sparse white foam inside the mouth", the report from the San Francisco Medical Examiner's office said.

 
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!