France says two more journalists held in Syria
PARIS (AFP) - France said on Wednesday that reporter Nicolas Henin and photographer Pierre Torres are being held in Syria, bringing to at least four the number of French journalists abducted in the conflict-wracked country.
The foreign ministry said in a statement that Mr Henin, 37, and Mr Torres, 29, had been captured on June 22 but did not provide any further details.
Their abduction was not initially made public at the request of their families, who said in a statement they had hoped a media blackout might help secure a quick release of the two men.
"But after more than 100 days of waiting, the families and friends of the two journalists wanted to address a message to Nicolas and Pierre to tell them they are doing everything they can to secure their rapid release," a statement from the families said.