Fire, explosion at Williams natgas facility in Washington
Published on Apr 1, 2014 2:15 AM
(REUTERS) - A fire broke out on Monday at a Plymouth, Washington, natural gas storage facility operated by Williams Partners, and was followed by an explosion, a local fire department official told Reuters.
The fire started at the facility early on Monday and was followed by an explosion in one storage tank, said Ed Dunbar, a captain with the Benton County Fire District office.
Messages left for Williams' officials were not immediately returned.
Residents within a 3.2 km radius of the area were told to evacuate, Dunbar said.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!