Ex-reporter admits he "misspoke" over phone-hacking evidence
Published on Jan 30, 2014 10:18 PM
LONDON (REUTERS) - A former tabloid journalist who has admitted phone-hacking while at Rupert Murdoch's News of the World British newspaper admitted on Thursday he had given wrong information earlier this week at the trial of one of the now defunct paper's former editors.
Dan Evans, who is giving evidence for the prosecution in the case of Andy Coulson and other former Murdoch staff, said he was sorry if he had misled the court during evidence he had given during four days of testimony.
Coulson, editor of the paper until 2007 and Prime Minister David Cameron's communications chief up to 2011, denies conspiracy to illegally intercept voicemail messages on mobile phones and authorising illegal payments to public officials.
Evans has told the Old Bailey he hacked thousands of voicemails during his time at the News of the World and that Coulson knew exactly what he did.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!