Children among 21 victims of brutal Democratic Republic of Congo attack
Published on Dec 17, 2013 6:37 AM
KINSHASA (AFP) - The bodies of at least 21 people, including women and children, were found after an attack in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, the UN peacekeeping mission there said on Monday, Dec 16, 2016.
Girls were believed to have been raped and decapitated while a child was also dismembered in a wave of violence in North Kivu last week, Monusco said in a statement.
A local civil society organisation blamed the rampage on the Muslim Ugandan rebel group ADF-Nalu, one of the oldest but least known armed organisations based in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
"The victims, including women and children - the youngest of which is thought to have been only a few months old - were hacked to death on December 13 and 14," the statement said.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here