Australian charged over 'bigger than Boston' bomb plot
SYDNEY (AFP) - An Australian man charged over a bomb plot was seeking revenge against a doctor using devices larger than those used in the Boston Marathon blast, reports said on Saturday.
The 42-year-old was arrested at Sydney airport on Thursday and charged with manufacturing an explosive device with intent to injure in connection with the plot, uncovered in April, police said in a statement.
"A man has been charged after an improvised explosive device was allegedly found at a home in Albion Park earlier in the year," police said.
He appeared before a magistrate in Sydney on Friday and was refused bail.