Anti-euro party could enter German parliament: Poll
BERLIN (REUTERS) - For the first time, a new German anti-euro party has cleared the 5 per cent threshold for entering parliament in an opinion poll, indicating Chancellor Angela Merkel might be unable to repeat her centre-right coalition after Sunday's election.
The INSA poll for Bild daily released on Thursday put Ms Merkel's conservatives on 38 per cent and the FDP on 6 per cent, giving a combined total of 44 per cent - one percentage point lower than the total for the three left-of-centre parties.
The poll, conducted after last Sunday's state election in Bavaria, gave the eurosceptic Alternative for Germany (AfD) 5 per cent, the amount needed to enter the Bundestag lower house.
It put the opposition Social Democrats (SPD) on 28 per cent, the Greens 8 per cent and the hardline Left 9 per cent.