88 dead in two weeks of clashes in south Libya: hospital
Published on Jan 25, 2014 9:39 PM
TRIPOLI (AFP) - Two weeks of ethnic clashes in Libya's main southern city Sebha have killed at least 88 people and wounded more than 130, the city's hospital director said on Saturday.
"Between the outbreak of the fighting on January 11 and Friday evening, the number of dead totalled 88," said Mr Abdallah Ouheida.
He said the full death toll was almost certainly higher as casualties had also been taken to other hospitals in the region.
He said there had been sporadic clashes on Saturday but no immediate new casualties.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!