MotoGP: Honda rule out Stoner home return
SYDNEY (AFP) - Honda team boss Livio Suppo on Tuesday ruled out Casey Stoner making a wildcard appearance at his home Australian Grand Prix despite the former world Moto GP champion testing with the Japanese manufacturer.
Stoner fuelled speculation of a return to the sport when he test-rode with his old team earlier this month and said it was "really good to get back on the bike after nine months".
But Suppo said the 27-year-old Australian, who shocked the sport last year when he retired at the peak of his career and switched to V8 Supercars, had no plans to compete again.
"For every manufacturer, to have a fast test rider is something like a dream; it's almost impossible to find a super-fast rider to do tests," Suppo told the Australian Grand Prix podcast.