Monday, Jul 28, 2014Monday, Jul 28, 2014
News
 

Formula One: Red Bull appeal against Ricciardo's disqualification

Published on Mar 20, 2014 9:44 PM
 
Red Bull Formula One driver Daniel Ricciardo of Australia (R) celebrates finishing second in the Australian F1 Grand Prix at the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne March 16, 2014. Formula One champions Red Bull have formally appealed against the disqualification of Australian Daniel Ricciardo from his home Grand Prix in Melbourne last weekend, the team said on Thursday, March 20, 2014. -- PHOTO: REUTERS

LONDON (Reuters) - Formula One champions Red Bull have formally appealed against the disqualification of Australian Daniel Ricciardo from his home Grand Prix in Melbourne last weekend, the team said on Thursday.

A spokesman confirmed the necessary documentation had been submitted.

Ricciardo finished second in the race, his debut for Red Bull after joining from Toro Rosso, which was won by Mercedes' Nico Rosberg. He was then disqualified hours later for an illegal fuel flow rate.

Red Bull said on Sunday they intended to appeal and had until Thursday to do so.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here