Football: Mourinho quashes Zanetti rumours
MILAN (AFP) - Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho has quashed reports that the Premier League leaders had offered Inter Milan icon Javier Zanetti a player-coaching deal.
Several media outlets last week cited a report on www.insidefutbol.com which said Mourinho, who steered Inter to an historic Champions League, league title and Cup treble in 2010, wanted to bring the veteran defender to the club.
In an interview with Italian television after Wednesday's 1-1 Champions League draw away to Galatasaray, Mourinho said: "It's not true. He's at Inter and always will be."
Zanetti last week poured cold water on the report, saying: "Honestly, I have a great rapport with Mourinho. We hear from each other frequently, but we've never discussed these things.