Wheelchair-bound woman, 92, dies in Owen Road flat fire
A 92-year-old woman died on Wednesday evening after her one-room flat in Owen Road caught fire.
Madam P.Lakshmi, who was wheelchair-bound and lived with a maid, was alone at home at the time.
She had sent the maid to buy Panadol, her daughter-in-law Madam S. Pooranam told The Straits Times.
Madam Pooranam, 60, a housewife said: "I don't know how it started. My daughter's wedding is in three weeks' time. She was really looking forward to it."