Friday, May 22, 2015Friday, May 22, 2015

Trainers offering enrichment activities, CCAs to schools need to register with MOE

Published on Mar 13, 2014 7:08 PM

From January next year, instructors offering co-curricular and enrichment activities to schools will need to register with the Ministry of Education (MOE).

MOE said in a statement on Thursday that the move is to help schools better assess the suitability of these external trainers in conducting such activities.

This will apply to all government, government-aided, independent, specialised independent and specialised schools.

These activities cover a range of areas from CCAs, Malay or Chinese conversational classes to art and music schemes in schools. Those who are involved in overnight stays and overseas trips with students will also need to register.

Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!